Friday, December 11, 2015

2nd Quarter Poetry Journal Refection


Sorrowful Thankless

Walking the aisle way,
lights flicker while picking, choosing
choosing, feeling for plump firm flesh.
This is important. He is very careful
about what he puts in his body.
She is a bulldozer, knocking over his cart,
ruining the selection. He may 
have forgiven her, but she was rude. 
In rudeness she continues. She awoke 
the monster.

It's Thanksgiving now. He 
serves the host breast. He, 
unknowing of the truth. Of what he
consumed is thankful. What manners.
The bulldozer flashed through his 
mind, she has made up for the flesh she 
ruined that day, with her own. What a pig.
Image result for hannibalImage result for hannibal and will

Reflection

I was inspired by Hannibal and the poem on the board when I wrote this piece. When I first had this idea I wrote  like prose-poetry. I added more metaphor and split a few lines. I took the line, "he serves the hostess breast" from the original poem on the board. I altered that slightly because in the TV show Hannibal, The two main characters are both male. I also added the concept of rudeness and manners because Hannibal appreciates manners and eats the rude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment